Book this tour if you'd like...
- a light-hearted, entertaining look at our ghoulish past, and ghostly present
- to see the famous haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults, exclusive to Mercat Tours
- to relish a complimentary refreshment and tales by candle-lit in our exclusive Megget’s Cellar
Entertainment – 17th Century style!
How best to experience our grim and ghostly past? Just as our ghoulish ancestors did…with gusto!
the infamous ‘Edinburgh mob’ loved the ‘entertainment’ of blood, guts and gore. And there was plenty provided! Especially at the Mercat Cross.
Let us fire your imagination with true tales of gruesome punishment and restless spirits whilst venturing down the closes of our medieval Old Town.
You will have a memorable glimpse into life, death and grisly entertainment before descending into the famously haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults, exclusively with Mercat.
Visit where the ghosts of Edinburgh's past still haunt her present...
As you savour a welcome drink, we’ll weave tales by candle-light in our atmospheric, exclusive, underground cellar.
The Ghosts and Ghouls tour is our original, flagship ghost tour.
Entertaining and Ghostly
Take a glimpse of your tour here...
*For health & safety reasons we are unable to allow any children under the age of 5 on our underground tours
- 7pm & 8pm daily
- (8pm Daily from 1st April 2015)
- Full Tour Experience: 2 hours
- Walk Only: 1 hour 15 minutes - (only available until 31st March 2015)
- Full Tour Experience: £14 adult, £12 concession, £7 child, £35 family
- Walk Only: £11 adult, £9 concession, £6 child, £28 family - (only available until 31st March 2015)
- (£15 adult, £13 concession, £8 child, £38 family from 1st April 2015)
- Full Tour - Megget's Cellar, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
- Walk Only - Discovery Room, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square