Book this tour if you'd like...
- to explore the history of the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- to see, and touch, artefacts from 19th Century
- hear how real people lived, and worked, in the Vaults
The Story of the Underground
Hear the authentic history of the underground. This is your chance to visit the Blair Street Underground Vaults - the deepest, largest and most extensive in the city whilst in the company of a Mercat historian.
Why were the Vaults built?
When and by whom?
Who used the Vaults?
How did they work, and play?
We will recount the history of the Vaults, recall their stories and answer your questions during this fascinating experience.
Historical and Intriguing
Take a glimpse of your tour here...
*For health & safety reasons we are unable to allow any children under the age of 5 on our underground tours
- Summer (April - October): 2pm and 4pm daily
- Winter (November - March): 2pm Sat and Sun, 4pm daily