Book this tour if you'd like...
- to explore the history of the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults, exclusive to Mercat Tours
- to see, and touch, artefacts from 19th Century
- to hear how real people lived, and worked, in the Vaults
- to visit our new Discovery Room with AV, 3D model and display
The Story of the Underground
Hear the authentic history of the underground. This is your chance to visit the Blair Street Underground Vaults, exclusively available with Mercat Tours. Explore the deepest, largest and most extensive in the city whilst in the company of a Mercat historian.
Why were the Vaults built?
When and by whom?
Who used the Vaults?
How did they work, and play?
We will recount the history of the Vaults, recall their stories and answer your questions during this fascinating experience.
Historical and Intriguing
Take a glimpse of your tour here...
*For health & safety reasons we are unable to allow any children under the age of 5 on our underground tours
*Limited capacity of 30pax
- Summer (April - October): 2pm & 4pm daily
- Winter (November - March): 2pm Sat & Sun, 4pm daily