Book this tour if you'd like...
- A unique journey round the sites, stories and secrets of the Old Town you might otherwise miss
- A tour led and loved by Mercat historians
- A wonderful introduction to Edinburgh, it’s past and people.
Hidden gems waiting to be discovered
The best way to explore Edinburgh is to follow your feet. Where the buses can’t take you, and the guide books don’t show you is where our real stories can be found – the closes, wynds, courtyards and homes of Old Edinburgh.
We’ll paint a vivid picture of our colourful past and people - see the secrets and tell the tales - the culture, crime and politics of Scotland's capital. An experience shared by Mercat historians.
Fascinating and Revealing
- Summer (April - October): 2.15pm daily
- Winter (November - March): 2.15pm Sat and Sun