Book this tour if you'd like...
- A unique journey round the sites, stories and secrets of the Old Town you might otherwise miss
- A tour led and loved by Mercat historians
- A wonderful introduction to Edinburgh, itís past and people
- Fast track entry and guided visit to Edinburgh Castle
Our beautiful city is waiting for you...
The best way to explore Edinburgh is to follow your feet.
Where the buses canít take you, and the guide books donít show you is where our real stories can be found Ė the closes, wynds, courtyards and homes of Old Edinburgh.
Weíll paint a vivid picture of our colourful past and people - see the secrets and tell the tales - the culture, crime and politics of Scotland's capital. This is an experience shared by Mercat historians.
Available for the first time in 2014, your experience of the medieval city is then completed with an optional visit to Edinburgh Castle.
The Castle dominates Scotland's capital city from its great rock. Its story has helped shape the nation's story.
Battles and sieges were fought over it, royalty lived and died within its walls, and countless generations have been and inspired by it. Visit the Castle and let your Mercat guide reveal it's remarkable history.
Fascinating and Revealing
Take a glimpse of your tour here...
*Limited capacity of 30pax
*Visitors with the Historic Scotland Explorer Pass are very welcome to join our tour, including the guided tour of Edinburgh Castle. This is dependent on other visitors having booked the full experience.
*Please note that route may vary during August due to Festival activity
- Including Edinburgh Castle: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Walk only: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Inc Edinburgh Castle: £29 adult, £27 students, £24 seniors, £18 child
- Walk: £12 adult, £10 seniors & student, £7 child