Live Music Fan Looking for Hidden Gems?28th Nov 2014
Live music is a bit tricky in Edinburgh but you can still find a good and varied offer if you know where to look for it!
1. The Royal Oak (Infirmary Street), tiny but so authentic there’s always a mixture of regular locals and tourists! Visitors love this place.
2. The Captain's Bar (South College Street), not so tiny and maybe more “normal” a pub than the Royal Oak, but still good place for folk music.
1. Whistlebinkies (South Bridge), live music 7 days a week, mostly covers but also open mics and new bands showcase nights.
2. Bannerman’s (Niddry Street), paid gigs at the back of the pub and open mic night on Sundays. More paid gigs at Liquid Rooms (Victoria Street).
1. Cabaret Voltaire (Blair Street), downstairs, usually paid entrance, expect famous DJs and long queues!
2. Bongo Club (Cowgate), expect anything from electronic reggae to African drummers!
The beer may be warm and flat but the music is hot and jumping - enjoy