Mercat House, 28 Blair Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1QR
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and/or deals
- Cookie Data
What we do with the information we gather
We gather this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services or provide you with information about special features of our website.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers including any voucher offers or deals or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the good and services that we provide.
How we protect your information
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: [(provide details of security measures in relation to the personal data processed, eg firewalls, browser certification technology, encryption, limited access, use of passwords etc as appropriate)].
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
A cookie is a text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. These websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
Links to other websites
List of cookies we collect
You can find details of the cookies we collect and what information they store below.
PHPSESSID - This cookie is a reference to a unique session ID set by our website for the current browsing session. No personal data is stored in it. The session is ended when a user’s browser is closed. This allows us to link you to the website if you are logged in and processing through the checkout and enable core site functionality.
Add This (_atuvc, _atuvs) - The site uses Add This to allow the user to share content from the website over multiple social networks. Add This set a few cookies on your computer to improve user experience. The Add This cookie is used to track the content you view and share.
Storing credit card and Customer details
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties
Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
How to contact us
We welcome your views about our website If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to :
28 Blair Street,