Work With Us
Mercat Tours are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Sales Manager to join our Leadership Team.
We’re a five star family business who have been giving history a damn good telling since 1985. We always aim to be the best we can be, and we have plans to grow.
Can you help us achieve our goals?
We want to welcome someone with an eye for opportunity, passion for excellence and loyalty to working with our great team.
Purpose and Objectives;
- Drive the growth of Mercat in a positive, sustainable future as part of the dynamic Leadership Team
- Develop existing customer base and identify and grow new markets
- Ensure high quality experience delivered consistently through monitoring trade relationships and feedback
- Advise on opportunities to improve Mercat’s service and develop new business
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Work with Leadership Team and Visitor Services Team to design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base
- Achievement of sales targets in line with Sales & Marketing Plan
- Attend sales missions and exhibitions relevant according to ROI and business objectives
- Manage and grow key trade sales accounts
- Research and report on new product market trends
- Work with Visitor Services Manager and Marketing Manager to issue effective messages to key partners, drive sales and identify new markets
- Produce monthly sales report
- Knowledge of marketplace
- Trade account contacts
- Think creatively
- Excellent negotiating and people management skills
- Passion for high quality product and visitor experience
- Commitment to help Mercat be the best we can be
We are a Living Wage employer offering a competitive salary. The team share an annual discretionary bonus and company holiday home.
The role is full time 35hr per week, with normal working days Monday to Friday. You will be expected to work evenings and weekends as required. The role will involve travel for sales missions and trade shows.
There will be a 3 month probationary period.
Please send your CV and Personal Statement to email@example.com by Friday 23nd March 2018.
We will be holding interviews in Edinburgh on 4th, 5th, 6th April.