Work With Us
Visitor Services Assistant
Mercat Tours is firmly established within Scotland as the market leader in delivering a 5 star experience for the large number of visitors to Edinburgh. We are situated within the Old Town where we deliver an average of 13 tours daily. We continue to grow year on year and we take our customer service and history very seriously - that’s not to say we don’t have fun delivering it!
As part of our vibrant visitor services team your main role along with a variety of other duties will be to promote and sell our selection of high quality tours and to advise visitors to the most appropriate experience for them.
We have a team of 40 guides and you will work closely with them on a daily basis.
If you are looking to work in an environment where people really do matter, are passionate about this beautiful city and relish a challenge, you should apply for this post!
Full training will be provided. We have a number of positions available for both full and part time applicants.
- To answer our high volume of enquiries received by telephone and email
- To communicate effectively with visitors at our reception area and secure ticket sales
- To process sales by telephone and via our online booking system
- To assist visitors with selection of most appropriate tour
- To accurately process our numerous trade and partner bookings
- To communicate clearly with all other departments within the business, both written and spoken
- To process private bookings and maintain accurate records
- To monitor tour uptake and secure additional guides as necessary
- To represent Mercat Tours at the Mercat Cross at specified times on a daily basis
- To prepare and deliver refreshments in our corporate room Megget’s Cellar as part of our evening tour group provision
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Effective personal organisation
- Good command of English and arithmetic
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ability to use initiative
- Flexible in your approach to work
- 35 hours full time
- 20 hours part time
- Various shifts involved, we operate 9am – 11.30pm
- Competitive pay rate
To apply, please download the application form.
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com, in person at our offices, or by post to 28 Blair Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1QR, marked for the attention of Shirley Bell.
Closing date is Friday 21st April 2017. Interviews will commence week beginning 1st May 2017.