Spirits of Halloween
- Take a chilling look at Edinburgh’s ghostly past on this ghost tour
- Explore the Blair Street Underground Vaults, with extra surprises for Halloween
- Recover in our candlelit cellar with a complimentary dram of single malt whisky or soft drink
- Check our COVID-19 measures - we'll ensure you will be safe, and feel safe on tour
About this tour
Raise the spirits of Halloween with a ghost tour of Edinburgh’s secluded closes and wynds, before venturing into the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults. Recover in our exclusive cellar with a reviving dram to calm the nerves.
Edinburgh’s crowds have always had a grisly side. On this walking tour, you’ll tread the medieval closes of Edinburgh’s Old Town, as your expert Storyteller leads you through a world that once thrived on blood, guts and gore.
Down into the vaults, deep into the spirit world
The Blair Street Underground Vaults come alive at Halloween – mysteriously cobwebbed, candlelit, and flickering with menace. Stay close to your Storyteller as the darkness deepens: there’s no telling what hides in the shadows.
Emerging from your tour into the warmth of Megget’s cellar, you’ll rest for a moment with a glass of refreshing spirits, listening to the final tales of Edinburgh’s haunted past.
Please Note: To give a fully immersive experience, we'll provide a personal audio device. Your Storyteller will use a headset with microphone to ensure you hear every word in the hush of Edinburgh's haunted Old Town. Please do bring your own headphones/earphones - it's a standard 3.5mm audio jack.
Dates & times
Friday 29th, Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st October.
Complimentary drink included
Children over 5 years old are welcome – but you’ll need to judge if they’re up to it!
- 2 hours
- Start point: Mercat Cross, High Street
- End point: Megget's Cellar, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
Other tours you might like
Don’t forget to buy a Mercat Tours souvenir guidebook with your ticket.See inside