- Experience a Halloween ghost tour
- Get up close to Edinburgh’s haunted past, at the spookiest time of year
- Explore the Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Learn about torturers, murderers, and witches
- Mercat exclusive audio devices - be immersed and get lost in the stories...
- Choosing Mercat is 'Good for you, Good for Edinburgh' - our team, community and planet
About this tour
There’s nothing quite like taking a ghost tour of Edinburgh’s most haunted vaults on the most haunted night of the year, Halloween.
The famous Blair Street Underground Vaults are spine-chilling at the best of times – a candlelit labyrinth of gloomy tunnels in which every sound, every movement in the shadows, stops you in your tracks and makes the blood run cold. At Halloween, the experience is unforgettable.
Prepare to be spooked
Your Halloween Underground tour starts at Edinburgh’s Mercat Cross – a spot where criminals were once tortured and executed. Your Mercat storyteller will meet you there and lead you through the atmospheric Old Town towards the haunted vaults, stopping to tell a macabre tale or two on route.
You’ll then descend into the Blair Street Underground Vaults where you will hear more sinister stories of body snatchers, murderers, ghosts and ghouls. Tread softly down there. In the vaults no one can hear you scream...
There are currently no tickets available for this tourView more tour
Dates & times
Fri 27th - Tue 31st Oct 2023
Regular times throughout the day.
Children over 5 years old are welcome – but you’ll need to judge if they’re up to it!
- 1 hours
- Start point: Mercat Cross, High Street
- End point: Blair Street Underground Vaults, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
Other tours you might like
Don’t forget to buy a Mercat Tours souvenir guidebook with your ticket.See inside