- Uncover the sinister side of Halloween in Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Experience the Blair Street Underground Vaults at their most haunted
- Learn about murderers, prostitutes and torturers
- Check our COVID-19 measures - we'll ensure you will be safe, and feel safe on tour
About this tour
Delve into the murky depths of Edinburgh’s most unsettling past. This Halloween tour is strictly adults-only, exploring sinister misdeeds and their terrible consequences.
On this after-dark tour your expert Mercat Storyteller will take you through some of the lesser-known closes and wynds of Edinburgh’s Old Town. Bloody plots. Treason. Torture. No story is off-limits – you’ll hear it all.
Deep into the haunted vaults
Forget the plastic pomp of the average Halloween. The haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults are truly scary: your Storyteller, the candles casting a weak pool of light in the gloom and on the most active night for our spirit friends. Watch for unexpected tales in the shadows and listen carefully to the stories of outrageous misdoings from the city’s troubled past.
Please Note: To give a fully immersive experience, we'll provide a personal audio device. Your Storyteller will use a headset with microphone to ensure you hear every word in the hush of Edinburgh's haunted Old Town. Please do bring your own headphones/earphones - it's a standard 3.5mm audio jack.
Dates & times
Friday 29th, Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st October.
These are dark, underground tours; please don’t drink alcohol beforehand.
- 1 hours
- Start point: Mercat Cross, High Street
- End point: Blair Street Underground Vaults, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
Other tours you might like
Don’t forget to buy a Mercat Tours souvenir guidebook with your ticket.See inside