Spirits of Halloween
- Take a chilling look at Edinburgh’s ghostly past on this ghost tour
- Explore the Blair Street Underground Vaults, with extra surprises for Halloween
- Recover in our candlelit cellar with a complimentary dram of single malt whisky or soft drink
- Mercat exclusive audio devices - be immersed and get lost in the stories...
About this tour
Get into the spirit of Halloween with this spine-tingling ghost tour of Edinburgh’s medieval streets and haunted vaults, which ends with a reviving dram of whisky in our atmospheric underground cellar.
Tradition has it that Halloween is the time when the veil between this world and the next is lifted, when the spirits of the dead rise and visit the living – so this is the perfect night to visit one of Scotland's most haunted locations.
Descend into the spirit world
The tour begins in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town, where a storyteller in Halloween costume will lead you along cobbled streets once seeped in the blood, guts and gore of the city’s grisly past. You then descend into the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults – a candlelit labyrinth of subterranean tunnels and rooms that are certain to maintain a ghost or two within their ancient walls. If you like a good whisky, you’ll welcome that dram to calm yourself following this nerve-jangling experience.
Dates & times
Friday 28th, Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th & Monday 31st October
Complimentary drink included
Children over 5 years old are welcome – but you’ll need to judge if they’re up to it!
- 2 hours
- Start point: Mercat Cross, High Street
- End point: Megget's Cellar, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
Other tours you might like
Don’t forget to buy a Mercat Tours souvenir guidebook with your ticket.See inside