Raising the Dead
- Spend Halloween in the Blair Street Underground Vaults and the Canongate graveyard
- Hear of infamous murderers and cursed souls
- Delve into the terror of Edinburgh’s past
- This tour explores dark content for adults only, 18+
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- Check our COVID-19 measures - we'll ensure you will be safe, and feel safe on tour
About this tour
This special Halloween ghost tour offers a triple whammy of spine-tingling entertainment
Exclusive access to the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults, a spooky stroll through Edinburgh’s Old Town, and a dramatic finale in one of the city’s most atmospheric graveyards. It’s the perfect opportunity to explore Edinburgh’s most haunted sites on the most haunted night of the year.
Cannibals. Murderers. Body snatchers.
The tour begins at the Mercat Cross, in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town, where an expert guide in Halloween costume will lead you down historic streets to the underground vaults, spinning true tales from our gruesome past along the way.
Next comes the chilling descent into the haunted vaults, once the home of thieves and body snatchers, where every small sound and movement can make you flinch. Then it’s on to the Canongate graveyard for that hair-raising finale among the dark and foreboding tombs of the city’s dead.
Please Note: To give a fully immersive experience, we'll provide a personal audio device. Your Storyteller will use a headset with microphone to ensure you hear every word in the hush of Edinburgh's haunted Old Town. Please do bring your own headphones/earphones - it's a standard 3.5mm audio jack.
Dates & times
Friday 29th, Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st October.
These are dark, underground tours; please don’t drink alcohol beforehand.
- 1 hours 45 minutes
- Start point: Mercat Cross, High Street
- End point: Canongate Graveyard
Other tours you might like
Don’t forget to buy a Mercat Tours souvenir guidebook with your ticket.See inside